The following are the suggested points to happiness
- Plant something and nurture it
- Count your blessings – at least five – at the end of each day
- Take time to talk – have an hour-long conversation with a loved one each week
- Phone a friend whom you have not spoken to for a while and arrange to meet up
- Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to really enjoy it
- Have a good laugh at least once a day
- Get physical – exercise for half an hour three times a week
- Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once each day
- Cut your TV viewing by half
- Spread some kindness – do a good turn for someone every day
These are all good ideas and I think that people should follow them.
The most content people I have met have been people who do not own a TV or mobile phone, but who always phone their long list of friends at least once a month to “keep in touch”.
Seems they were on the right track to happiness.
I will continue my own path to happiness, or at least enlightenment, and try these points.
[After all my old plant is looking a little sorry for itself. I think it needs some nurturing!]